M.A. in Industrial / Organizational Psychology
I graduated with honors from my Master in Industrial Organization Psychology from Golden Gate University with 3.9/4.0 GPA. Classes I aced include: Leadership Development, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Training and Development, Coaching, Group Dynamics, and Cross-Cultural Psychology. In each class, I learned critical theories, practiced skills, and applied tools and techniques.
Graduates of the MA in psychology degree with a concentration in industrial/organizational psychology possess the skills and knowledge to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Employee Selection: Effective matching of individual needs, preferences, knowledge, skills, and abilities to the needs and preferences of the organization.
- Performance Appraisal: Utilize methods of measuring and evaluating individuals in organizations.
- Training: Design, conduct, and evaluate instructional programs and conduct needs assessments, including organizational, job and task analyses as they relate to the development of training programs.
- Organizational Development: Diagnose organizational units and facilitate planned change in individuals, groups, and organizations to improve their effectiveness, efficiency and/or health.
- Job and Task Analysis: Techniques used to evaluate the requirements and context of a job or task and the attributes needed to perform that job.
- Tests and Measurement: The ability to select, administer and interpret psychological instruments used in organizations.
- Work Motivation: Understanding of the conditions that influence the directions, strength, and persistence of an individual within an organization.